Today, Sun and the NetBeans community are announcing the availability of the NetBeans(TM) Integrated Development Environment (IDE) 6.8. It is the first IDE to provide complete support for Java(TM) Platform Enterprise Edition 6 (Java EE 6) and Sun GlassFish(TM) Enterprise Server v3, and offers other new features.
- The NetBeans IDE 6.8 is the first IDE to provide complete support of the Java EE 6 specification.
- The Java EE 6 platform provides proven strengths in scalability, reliability and security, and the NetBeans IDE 6.8 goes hand-in-hand, making language and platform improvements easily available for developers.
- The NetBeans IDE supports Java AND dynamic languages like PHP, Python, Ruby etc.
- The NetBeans IDE is a first-class open source tool that is modular, extensible and has an active community.
KEY UPDATES TO THE NETBEANS 6.8 IDE
Complete Java EE 6 Support: Java EE 6 language features simplify Java application development with less XML configuration, more annotations and more POJO-like development.
GlassFish v3 Support: Developers can easily target and deploy to GlassFish v3, including the new lightweight GlassFish v3 Web Profile.
JavaFX(TM): The latest version of the NetBeans editor provides improved code completion, hints and navigation for JavaFX.
PHP Support: The NetBeans IDE expands its support of dynamic languages with support for PHP 5.3 and the Symfony framework.
Tighter Integration with Project Kenai: Project Kenai, a collaborative environment for hosting open source projects, now delivers full support for JIRA and improved instant messenger and issue tracker integration. For more information visit www.kenai.com.
C/C++ Profiling: The new Microstate Accounting indicator and I/O usage monitor help developers profile and tune C/C++ applications.
NetBeans Platform: As a rock-solid application framework for Swing applications, the platform saves developers a huge amount of time and effort by providing commonly-used facilities such as menu items, toolbar items, keyboard shortcuts, and window management.
Additional information is available at: http://netbeans.org/community/releases/68/
Java EE 6 - http://java.sun.com/javaee/
GlassFish v3 - http://www.sun.com/glassfishv3
- Learn more about the NetBeans IDE http://www.netbeans.org/
- Watch the product tour and screencasts at http://www.netbeans.org/kb/index.html
- Download the NetBeans IDE http://www.netbeans.org/downloads/index.html
- Join the NetBeans community http://www.netbeans.org/community/index.html
- NetBeans on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/netbeans
- NetBeans graphics (banners, logos, etc) http://netbeans.org/community/teams/evangelism/collateral.html